A Blogging in Formation Special Post
NOTICES TO AIRMEN
My new Spy/FLY Thriller!
In Print or eBook, exclusively on Amazon!
(Computers & eReaders of ALL types, including iPads,
can download it via the Kindle app!)
All Books: Amazon.com/author/ericauxier
If you haven’t seen it yet, check out the wild 1 minute trailer!
Remember: HALF of all proceeds from my books go to the orphan charities,
Which brings us to November’s Blogging in Formation topic . . .
This month, Americans celebrate a major national holiday, second only to Christmas. It is called, “Thanksgiving,” and is a day for giving thanks to God for all of our blessings.
Our tradition is filled with turkey & gravy, pumpkin pie & ice cream, and the San Francisco 49ers kicking the Seattle Seahawks’ ar$$es (sorry, Karlene Petitt!)
But, again, the true meaning behind Thanksgiving is to pause and count our blessings…
So, we ask you, What are YOUR blessings?
There is an old saying that goes, “I used to complain that I had no shoes, until I met someone who had no feet.” No matter who we are, there are others that have it better than us . . . and yet others who have it far, far worse.
Even so, those people we consider less-advantaged can take us completely by surprise, and rise up by their own bootstraps to accomplish far more than what even we though possible of our own selves.
Enter Jessica Cox.
Jessica is my all-time greatest pilot-hero. Why? For starters, she’s the world’s FIRST and ONLY licensed pilot . . . with NO arms! Yep, you heard me right! Oh, yeah, and by the way, she also happens to be a BLACK BELT in two different forms of Tae Kwon Do!
Jessica is an incredible inspiration, not only to those who have physical or other challenges, but also to able-bodied (if far less ambitious) folks such as ourselves.
Often, when we finally get to meet our heroic icon, we are shocked to find that they are just ordinary folks like you and me.
And Jessica is no exception!
So, let’s meet Jessica!
Check out this cute video Jessica just put out, recreating the story of how she decided to steal her dad’s TV set . . . with no hands, mind you!
Direct Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
JOIN ME in helping Jessica to make Rightfooted a reality!
Three years in the making, Jessica’s documentary, Rightfooted, is poised to premier on public television and other venues worldwide, to inspire those who face similar challenges in their lives.
Rightfooted is in the final stretch. But Jessica needs US to get it to the finish line!
Hurry, we must raise $40,000 by November 17!
Any amount, however small, will help get Rightfooted where it belongs: inspiring the hearts and minds of millions of challenged souls around the world!
and finally . . .
MEET Our Dear Blog Buddy, MORGAN M.
For the price of a postage stamp!
TAKE 5 MINUTES of your time and write Morgan a card, letter or well-wish!
You have NO idea how much each thought she receives fuels her hope and brings her great joy!
* * *
EVERY CARD AND LETTER ENTERS YOU IN A DRAWING FOR SIGNED COPIES OF MY NOVELS!(to be eligible for drawing, cards & letters must be received by midnight GMT, November 26.)
1st Place: CODE NAME: DODGER—both books!
2nd: THE LAST BUSH PILOTS
3rd: THERE I WUZ! ADVENTURES FROM 3 DECADES IN THE SKY
* * *
P.O. Box 16102
Rocky River, OH.
Also, POST on Morgan’s FACEBOOK WALL HERE
Every post made by Friday, Nov. 7 @ midnight, GMT enters you in a drawing for YOUR CHOICE of 1 of the above prizes!
(Please post at least a couple sentences, photo, meme, etc.)
DIRECT FB LINK:
(NOTE: If the link says, “Broken,” try a Facebook search for: “”Morgan’s Campaign of Love – Public”)
— — — —
BLOGGING IN FORMATION Discussion:
What’s YOUR favorite charity? Join our discussion by commenting, below!
I say again:
LET’S CHANGE THE WORLD!
— — — —
Blogging in Formation Links & Favorite Charities
- Warm Blankets warmblankets.org
- Flying Kites Int’l flyingkites.org
- Karlene Petitt on Giving Back http://karlenepetitt.blogspot.com/2014/11/pilots-and-gratitude.html
- Karlene on Flying it Forward http://karlenepetitt.blogspot.com/2012/03/fly-it-forward-2012.html
- Hoag Hospital Foundation http://www.hoaghospitalfoundation.org
- The Bridge of Hope http://www.thebridgeofhope.us/#about
- Angel Flight West http://www.angelflightwest.org
- Air Race Classic http://www.airraceclassic.org/about.asp
- Women in Aviation http://www.wai.org
- Zonta Int’l http://www.zonta.org
- Women of Aviation http://www.womenofaviationweek.org
- RIGHTFOOTED, Jessica Cox’s site http://rightfooted.com
- Morgan’s FB Wall https://www.facebook.com/events/1488634441406266/
- Our video interview, Jessica Cox: A Pilot in Command http://vimeo.com/capnaux/jessica
- Find and Rate a Charity http://www.charitynavigator.org
- Christian AllianceFor Orphans http://christianalliancefororphans.org/agencies-and-ministries